What to expect before, during, and after your mommy makeover
You know, mommy makeovers are now all the rage. Many moms want to bring back their youthful appearance and boost their self-esteem. Celebrities like Halle Berry and Salma Hayek have had mommy makeovers, so you know they work.
If you’re a mom who’s been struggling with work, home, and child-rearing, you may be considering a mommy makeover.
But what exactly is a mommy makeover?
“Mommy makeover” is a term used to refer to any of the procedures that may be performed on women who are new mothers to return their bodies and appearance to pre-pregnancy condition. The mommy makeover traditionally includes techniques such as tummy tuck, breast augmentation or reduction, liposuction, facelift, arm lift, and labiaplasty. In some cases, it also contains fat transfer for buttocks augmentation. It can also include non-surgical treatments such as Botox injections or laser skin resurfacing.
But what can you expect before, during, and after your mommy makeover?
Before your mommy makeover, you have to do the following:
- Consultation with your surgeon: This is important to ensure that you are a good candidate for surgery and discuss your surgical goals.
- Pre-operative testing may include blood work, a chest x-ray, or an EKG.
- Stop smoking: Smoking can increase the risk of complications after surgery.
- Avoid taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs: These can increase the risk of bleeding.
- On the day of your surgery, you have to arrive at the hospital or surgical center on time. Make sure to bring your identification and insurance card.
- Meet with the anesthesiologist: They will explain the anesthesia you will be receiving and answer any questions you may have.
During your mommy makeover, you can expect the following:
- An intravenous line will be inserted: This is used to give you fluids and anesthesia.
- You will be placed on a surgical table: This table will be tilted so that you are in a comfortable position.
- The surgeon will make an incision: This will vary depending on the procedures performed.
- The surgery will be performed: This will take about two to three hours.
After your mommy makeover, you can expect the following:
- You will be moved to a recovery room: You will be monitored for any complications here.
- You may experience some pain and swelling: This is normal and should subside in a few days.
- You will be able to go home: You will need someone to drive you home and stay with you for the first day or two.
- You will have to take it easy: You should avoid strenuous activities for at least six weeks.
- You will see results gradually: The final results may not be seen until several months after surgery.
A mommy makeover can be a life-changing experience, offering physical and emotional benefits. If you are considering this surgery, be sure to consult with a qualified surgeon and discuss your goals and expectations.
Where to get mommy makeover in Utah?
Mommy makeovers are becoming more popular each day, so you should have no trouble finding a qualified surgeon in your area. Just be sure to do your research and choose a board-certified surgeon who has a lot of experience performing mommy makeovers. You have to talk to your chosen surgeon about the surgical goals and what you want to achieve.